Racing has long taken place elsewhere at Sandown but definitely not at its railway station,
where, about 1899, Isle of Wight Central Railway Nos. 1 and 7 are seen moving slowly off
from the train they have just brought across the island from Cowes and Newport, at this
point actually on the metals of the Isle of Wight Railway. Slaughter, Gruning of Bristol
built both in 1861, maker's numbers 453 and 443. Originally named Pioneer and
they were withdrawn in 1901 and 1906 respectively.
All railway art is for viewing only and is copyrighted to Robin Barnes 2002.
The railway art may not be reproduced in any way without written permission from the