Three early Austrian BBO electric locomotives at Salzburg in the mid-1930s.
At left is (lA)Bo(Al) 1670.15 (Krauss, Linz 1465/1928), centre the visually
startling but highly successful l-E-l 1082.001 (Floridsdorf 2999/1930) and
at right the l-C-l 1029.07 (stEG 4570/1924 ). The first survived until as
late as 1978, the last until 1944, while 1082.001, despite its excellent
performance, as a sole prototype was converted to a snowplough in 1941.
All railway art is for viewing only and is copyrighted to Robin Barnes 2002.
The railway art may not be reproduced in any way without written permission from the